Thursday 5 July 2007

50th anniversary: memories of Rachel Goh

Dear Harry,

Thank you very much for your kind invitation to the special service on 19th February at All Saints. I'm afraid we won't be able to attend on that day.

My believe my parents were there on 18 February 1956 when the foundation stone was laid - they are Bill & Lillian Sentance and were members of All Saints for many years while we lived in Shooters Hill when I was growing up. I am the youngest of their 5 children, and for our parents' 50th wedding anniversary on New Years Eve, I scanned in all their old photos and put them onto a DVD. I know I had some of my eldest brother and sister, Tricia and Andrew at the Sunday School at All Saints, when Mum and Dad were Sunday School teachers I think. I will send anything I can find that might be of use. When I was born in 1971, I think Mum was Sunday School teacher and I've even still got the A3 sheet of paper that all the Sunday School children signed to say congratulations! I went to Sunday School and Brownies up until we moved in 1979.

Sadly the next time I will be at All Saints is for the funeral of our lovely 'Auntie Betty' Winslow on 2nd Feb. She was a very treasured member of our extended family and remembered the birthdays and anniversaries, not only of us children, but of our children too - and there are a lot of us in total! We will all miss her.

Kind Regards

Rachel Goh.

No comments: